Virtual Private Screening Info
A virtual private screening is an opportunity for you to raise funds and engage your audience with a meaningful story that will drive them toward action. There are no upfront costs for hosting a screening. All expenses are subtracted from ticket fees. You will receive a private link for your decision-makers to view the movie as you decide if you’d like to partner with us.
This private virtual screening will happen before The Sound of Violet is released in theaters or available publicly, so your screening cannot be promoted or advertised anywhere by name online: including social media, websites, or anywhere on the web. You can, however, publicly promote an “Upcoming Premiere Screening” and direct people to sign up for your email list to get more information. The screening can only be promoted through your email list because this is a private screening for your members. Viewers can also gift a screening to someone, using their email address. Click here for more info about why this cannot be advertised publicly.
When you are ready to host the screening, fill out this form.
Hosting a Private Screening involves:
Preparing your email list, emails, & any merchandise
- Prepare your email list and create three emails to promote the movie to your members.
- Send the first email 3-4 weeks before, the second email 2 weeks before, and the final email the week before the screening.
- Determine any merchandise you’d like to sell, and you’ll ship them after orders are received.
Promoting to your email list
- We’ll provide you with suggested content, and a link to the page where people can view the trailer, purchase tickets, buy merchandise, and make donations. When the premiere date arrives, ticket holders will have 7 days to unlock their screening and 48 hours to watch the film. We suggest you charge $12-18 for tickets or as high as $30, depending on your audience.
Sharing Costs & Revenue
- $900 Virtual Screening Fee, subtracted from ticket sales. There are no upfront costs for a virtual screening: all expenses are subtracted from ticket sales. In the unlikely event that tickets sales do not cover the Virtual Screening Fee, the organization would not owe any remaining balance.
- 50/50 Ticket revenue split.
- 100% of Donations to the organization. Ticket buyer have an opportunity to add a donation to their ticket price. Donations through the site are not tax-deductible. However, we’ll also feature a direct link for people to give tax-deductible donations to your organization.
- 100% of Merchandise sales to merch sellers. All tax, shipping, and handling needs to be included in the merchandise pricing, and will need to be shipped by the seller.
- 5% & $1.98 fee per ticket charge from Eventive who hosts, manages, and provides customer support for the screening ($1.98 can be included with ticket or can be an extra charge. We suggest extra charge.)
- $500 for 3 min. intro from your organization and Q&A with the filmmaker, subtracted from ticket sales. If you add the intro and Q&A, promote through 3 emails, and the screening does not collect minimum $10,000 in ticket sales and donations, the Q&A fee will not be charged.
Engaging Your Audience
- During the Q&A, you will have an opportunity to pitch how audience members can partner with you.
- You can use the screening as a marketing tool to advance your audience to a next stage of action: you can promote an upcoming event or opportunity through the Q&A, recruit volunteers, promote opportunities to give, or include additional videos about your organization that can play after the Q&A.
- You can purchase wholesale copies of The Sound of Violet novel to give as gifts to key donors, to include as part of an auction, or to promote the screening.
- While the film has not yet been rated, it will likely be rated PG-13 because of the subject matter. There is no foul language or nudity in the movie.
- After the screening, you’ll receive a list of people who purchased tickets as well as a full accounting of sales and donations.
- You’ll receive a survey to assess your experience.
- When The Sound of Violet premieres in theaters, you’ll have an opportunity to host an in-person screening and promote it publicly.
The week after your premiere, you can announce an Encore Screening. There is no Virtual Screening Fee for an Encore Screening. It’s a chance to give the audience the opportunity to invite their friends and give people another opportunity to see the film. See the email examples page for suggestions on what to communicate.
Screenings can be scheduled through February 4, 2022 which would mean the form would need to be filled out by December 23 to book that screening.